Sunday, June 14, 2009

A postpartum doula client!


Tara Kenny is a veritable Pied Piper of babies! She showed me tricks for soothing our newborn that worked like a charm. I have no idea how I would have survived the first weeks after my c-section without Tara’s help. By caring for the baby and me, as well as our household, Tara facilitated my early recovery from surgery and gave our family some much-needed space to learn the ropes of parenting a newborn. During those joyful and challenging weeks, I gained a sense of how the world looks from a newborn’s perspective and a deep appreciation of the importance of meeting my own basic needs in order to care for our son. Tara’s sensitivity to the needs of new mothers and babies is truly remarkable. I simply cannot recommend her highly enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment